Nuclear Containers for Safe Transportation
Bootle Containers has been worked with companies in the nuclear industry, such as Alstom and LLWR, to provide containers designed for transportation of Low Level Radioactive Waste (LLW) and Intermediate Level Waste (ILW).
We specialise in the design, manufacture, licensing and supply of packaging for the safe transportation of radioactive and nuclear waste materials. We produce standard and bespoke-size shipping containers and Type A containers for the safe transportation of LLW by road, rail or sea. These types of shipping containers are designed and tested according to the IAEA regulations to ensure they maintain their integrity under normal and extreme transportation conditions (known as non-destructive testing or NDT).
To provide our clients with the highest level quality of nuclear products, every single one of our containers are produced according to the ISO 9001 quality management system and checked by independent classification societies.
- Half-height Low Level Waste (LLW) disposal containers.
- Third-height Low Level Waste (LLW) disposal containers.
- Low Level Waste (LLW) transporter flasks.
- Specialist handling attachment.
- Internal tie-down points.
- Attachment points in roofs for personnel safety during inspections.
- Anti-slip surfaces on floors and roofs.