Maximum Capability Military Containers
Bootle Containers has designed and manufactured shelters and military containers for both the Ministry of Defence and MoD contractors, including BAE Systems and Rolls Royce.
We can manufacture standard units as well as bespoke variants for a range of applications in the defense sector and we aim to give planners maximum capability and flexibility. In addition to manufacturing containers, we carry out complete equipment integration and can supply turnkey systems that are ready for deployment.
Military containers can be fitted with hook-lift systems compatible with both the Demountable Rack Offload and Pickup System (DROPS) and the Palletised Load System (PLS) to facilitate rapid deployment of key equipment. This would also eliminate the need for a DROPS flatrack being made available for battlefield positioning. Defence units and containers can also be designed for air transport and to allow off-loading. Container equipment integration for DROPS and PLS takes into account the off-loading characteristics of these systems.
Each of our military containers are specially designed and developed to meet a planner’s exact requirements and specifications. Every container is produced according to the ISO 9001 quality management system and checked by independent classification societies, so customers can be assured that they’re ordering a top quality product when they select our range of military containers.
Containers we’ve provided for the defence industry include:
- Command, control and communication (C3) shelters.
- Field hospital surgical containers.
- Deployable workshops and armoury containers.
- Surveillance and communications units.
- Plant rooms.
- Repair facilities.
- Weapons storage units.
- Mobile workshops.
- Special load carriers.
- Secure and portable ablutions, kitchens, toilets, showers and water & fuel storage units.
Special Additions Available:
- Doors – side, end or full combination.
- Shock-mounted equipment racks.
- Produced as frames suitable for open-plan requirements with full ISO shipping capability.
- Integrated hook-lift systems compatible with DROPS, PLS and CHEM TS8 sub-frames.
- Manufactured to suit Leyland-DAF MMLC, Foden IMMLC, MLRS trailer and King DROPS trailer.
- Designed to allow off-loading by SRTE.
- Available for air transport by C-130 aircraft or underslung by helicopter.
- Steelwork preparation and painting to a wide variety of military specifications, including Infra-Red Reflecting, Solar Heat Reflecting and Chemical Agent Resisting Coatings.